Tuesday, August 1, 2023

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

HITTING THEM STRAIGHT

Admittedly I don’t play golf. Never interested. But, recently I heard a golf reference relating to life and life experiences.
We’re never sure about our time on this golf course called Eden. We may be at the 6th hole or playing the back nine. We may be putting to get into the clubhouse for drinks at the 19th hole. We just never know, until we do.

With this new birthday I can safely say that I’m on the back 9, but how I would love to have a couple of mulligans or better, reset my tee time so I can play a full round, we all know that’s kind of impossible.
So, the only thing I could do while playing on this beautiful vast lovely golf course is to try to hit them straight. No more hooks or slices, or gasp, a bogey. Maybe I can shoot for under par; an Eagle or two will be really nice, but I’d settle for a Birdy. 
I have an experienced caddy in Janet and together we’re at least enjoying the fresh air no matter how weak our approach shots. In the rough, we laugh about it and try to bounce off a tree to get back onto the fairway. We miss a 3 foot putt, and we slake our thirst with an adult libation and try again.
Life is good.
Keep hitting them straight!
Love Janet and greg
© 2023 Gregory Dunaj 

No comments:

Post a Comment