Thursday, August 1, 2024

TRAVELING AROUND THE SUN

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Usually I write something silly for my birthday. Like: "Today, my age, my IQ and my waist are all the same number. That means I'm getting older, wiser and fatter."

So, why should I change my habits at this advanced age, where there are more memories than aspirations? I'm not, don't worry. During my 67th year on this planet we've been to Spain, to England, to Barbados, to Vietnam, to Cambodia and to Philadelphia. We've stared into the abyss of Ronda, and into an emptied glass of sherry and into the blackened sky of a lunar eclipse. We explored a "secret" nuclear bunker in England. We've partied in Nantwich and Saratoga Springs and on our back deck. We explored underwater wrecks in Barbados and drank at the rooftop bar at the Sandals resort. We've imbibed Olorosso and Tinto Verano, craft beers in Barbados, local beers in Vietnam and Cambodia and a lot of Bourbon everywhere else. 

Yeah, it's been a good year and now in my 68th year our traveling is not just watching the sun course the sky. We're not slowing down. Better not. At my age I'm liable to get buried if I oversleep.

I shall drink to your collective health on this birthday of mine.

Love to all

greg

© 2024 by Gregory Dunaj


2 comments: