Saturday, March 24, 2012

*&#@)+* cable tv

UGH! I hate cable television. They raise their rates and drop their services. It's horrible the amount of money they are trying to squeeze from my sorry ass. My bill with Comcast just recently went up 33%!
I was forced to drop channels to keep the monthly price at a reasonable amount. I know there are alternatives, like rabbit ears for the digital signal... or a book... but I won't get my beloved Military Channel... nothing is better than to curl up on the couch with an episode "Nazi Collaborators" or "Greatest Tank Battles"! But now, with this lower tier, this is not available to me. 


Another consideration is a dish tv. My cable provider offered a triple play, where my internet, phone and cable service would be bundled into one price, but they were not going to raise my service tier. Conversely, my phone provider has a dish network that I could bundle into  similar services, but their array of channels is shockingly alluring. I may go this way, even if cable gets wind of my egress and ups the ante. My only concern with this satellite dish , which is aimed at a particular point in the sky to get my signal, is the end of days that the Mayan calendar is predicting. The calendar ends with this year's winter solstice which occurs on December 21, 11:11 am. It's a Friday. Predictions for this ominous day include war, famine and asteroids striking the planet. What is most disturbing is the prediction that the Earth will endure a magnetic pole shift, reversing the polarity of the Earth. It will essentially tip over! What this means is that the dish I had installed will no longer be pointing at the particular point in the sky and I'll have to pay for a service call to have the tech realign it. 
Ugh...I can't win.
The end of this ...
... costs money to fix this


No comments:

Post a Comment